Friday 18 May 2018

Phideaux - Chupacabras (2005)


The fourth album from this US band.

The band was a ten man & women big band with a lineup of percussion, drums, bass, saxophone, keyboards, guitars, piano, violin and vocals.
Some extra musicians provided cello and vocals.

My guess is that the band was Phideaux Xavier with hired hands. Which is more than fair enough.

I have reviewed some of his albums and they have not really being hits in my office and in my blog. You can find my reviews somewhere else in this blog.

The band has expanded a lot in their sound and music on this album. The band has a lot of really cool female and male vocals.

The music is more leaning towards neo-prog and symphonic prog on this album than on any of the previous albums. There are also some, very short, avant-garde pieces of music here.

The vocal harmonies are really good and so is the music. I believe this fifty minutes long album is a concept album of some sort. It has the feeling of being a concept album.

This is a good album and a recommended one too. Check it out and you will enjoy it.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment