Sunday 9 February 2020

Hammill. Peter - In Camera (1974)


The fourth album from this British artist.

Peter Hammill did the vocals, piano, bass, guitars, harmonium and mellotron on this album.
He had help from guest musicians who provided drums, cello, synths and background vocals.

I was not a big fan of his previous album. I am here a minority, I have noticed. But I stand by my views.

Hence, I was not looking forward towards to this album.

Peter Hammill's career has always been a simpler sounding version of Van Der Graaf Generator.
A much more vocals based version of the above mentioned band.

The difference is not particular big between Peter Hammill and Van Der Graaf Generator on this album.

The music is pretty distorted, sinister and dark. In particular; sinister.

It is still pretty melodic, excluding the final ten minutes which is electro avant-garde noises.

The music is good to very good throughout this album. There is a couple of songs here which could had been included on a Van Deer Graaf Generator album without shaming it.

This is the best Peter Hammill album I have heard so far.

3.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment