Thursday 14 February 2019

Adventure - Caught In The Web (2014)


The third album from this Norwegian band.

Adventure is a quintet with a lineup of bass, guitars, drums, keyboards, percussion and vocals.
They had help from local musicians who provided flutes, piano and female vocals.

The band has so far not been among the Norwegian bands I have rated that highly. The band has just released a new album, which I will review later, so I hoped that and this album will change my opinion about this band from Trondheim.

The band mixes a bit folk rock (Prudence and Jethro Tull springs to mind), prog metal and symphonic prog on this album.

The sound is leaning towards folk rock. That far more than I thought this band would ever do.

There is folk metal here but not so much symphonic prog.

The guitars, vocals and flutes are good on this sixty-six minutes long album. An album with a folky feel which would make them welcome on metal, rock and prog rock festivals.

I have my reservations towards this album. Nevertheless, this is a good album. It is just about a good album but nothing more than that. I hope their new album is more proggy than this album.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment