Thursday 8 October 2020

Pineapple Thief. The - 137 (2002)

The second album from this band from London, UK.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of programming, synths, keyboards, organ, mellotron, sample, guitars, bass, percussion, drums and vocals.

This band is well known to most people in the scene. This is my first meeting with their music if I am not much mistaken.

It is my intention to review a handful or more The Pineapple Thief album this autumn.

This is a very long album, clocking in at over seventy minutes.

The music is a mix of Marillion like neo-prog, shoegaze and some more traditional, modern rock. 

The music is pretty much in the same vein as new neo-prog from United Kingdom.

The songs are short. Some of the has some symphonic prog references. But not many.

The music is technical and complex. The music is driven forward by some good guitars and vocals in addition to the other instruments.

The music is somewhere between decent and good. I am not entirely won over by this album. But I am looking forward to sink my ears into their other albums.

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment