Wednesday 3 October 2018

Kershaw. Mike - Arms Open Wide (2018)


The fifth album from this British artist.

Mike Kershaw on vocals and keyboards has got help from five other musicians who provides bass, guitars, drums, spoken word and vocals.

I have yet to listen to his first four albums, but I have heard they are good. Hence my purchase of this album.

Mike Kershaw gives us a mix of neo-prog, psych prog and symphonic prog.

The music is rather in the Pink Floyd vein throughout.

The music is not particular complex or bombastic. It is rather simplistic and easy on the ear. It is not very taxing on the head, so to speak.

The music is performed with keyboards and guitars. Mike's vocals are OK, but comes to short on some songs. He is not a good singer, plain and simple.

The songs are decent to good on this fifty minutes long album. I am not really overawed by this album and I guess I will not really get many more of his albums. But this album is well worth checking out.

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment