Tuesday 2 June 2020

Tiger Moth Tales - Story Tellers Part One (2015)


The second album from this English one man band.

Tiger Moth Tales is Peter Jones solo vehicle. He plays guitars, synths, bass, programming and vocals on this album.

Peter Jones daytime job is in Camel and Red Bazar. He is also a very much used studio musician. He is also blind on both eyes. He is also a rising star in the British music scene and one of the most influential persons in the scene. And well deserved.

I really liked the Cocoon album. Strangely enough, because I had a taste of Story Tellers Part One years ago and dismissed it because of the six minutes long track A Kids Tale.

Even today, I have some slight problem with that track. It is though a bit of a funny track, a kids tale, and should not be taken as serious as I have done. The joke is on me, I am afraid.

The rest of the album is symphonic neo-prog which showcases Peter Jones talents. They are very considerable and marks him out as an must-follow artist.

His vocals and guitars are really good and ditto for his synths work. The arrangements of the songs are very good. Even A Kid's Tale has some of a master's hands over it.

There is no great tracks here though and that is my only gripe with this album. Nevertheless, it is still an album well worth checking out.

3 points

 


No comments:

Post a Comment