Thursday 7 May 2020

Sky Cries Mary - Secrets Of A Red Planet (2020)


The seventh album from this US band.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of guitars, percussion, drums, bass, keyboards, synths and vocals.

This is my first ever meeting with this band and their music. The band debuted in 1989 but has always flown under my radar.... until this album landed in my inbox.

There was a lot of things I expected as the band is labeled as Crossover in ProgArcives. But I did not expect what was coming out of my speakers.

The band is fronted by both female and male vocals. Great.

The music is space rock, though. The music is pretty cosmic. Most of all, this album sounds like a krautrock album. It is a krautrock album.

The sound is really outer space and so is the vocals.

The music is also pretty distorted. It is also pretty melodic.

The sound is very clear and not dirty at all. Which is a bit unusual from an outer space rock album.

The album is almost one hour long and has both some space rock pastoral pieces and some all out outer space rock dynamic pieces.

It is also a good album and I wonder if I should get their other albums too.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment