Friday 23 November 2018

Nektar - ...Sounds Like This (1973)


The third album from this British band.

Nektar was a quartet with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, bass, drums, percussion and vocals.

This band is a new band to me and I thought I was getting a grip on them on their first two albums. Albums I really like.

........ Then this album comes along....

Forget about their first two albums. The band has done it too. Which is obvious on this album.

I had really problems believing my ears before I got the full story of this album. And that took me some listening sessions.

It turns out that this album is a free flowing and free jamming seventy-five minutes long album. Jams over psychelia krautrock and blues rock themes. The album was also recorded live in studio and is very much free flowing

There is a lot of great guitar solos and vocals from Roye Albrighton. The drums, bass and keyboards is also good here.

The music is spaced out and in the krautrock genre and spirit. The sound is not good and I find seventy-five minutes of this a bit of a chore. This album, this jam, is overblown and self-indulgent. It is not a good album though and an oddity in their career. Something I am happy with.

2 points


 

No comments:

Post a Comment