Saturday 26 June 2021

Loonypark - The 7th Dew (2021)

The sixth album from this band from Poland.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

A guest guitarist added a guitar solo on one of the tracks.

I have to admit that I have not been really singing this band's praises in my reviews of their previous two albums. But I am giving them another chance.

Loonypark gives us forty-seven minutes of Polish neo-prog on this album. 

They use female vocals and Sabina Sajac's vocals are very good. They are also full of muscle. Muscle that suits the music perfectly.

The music is melodic, melancholic neo-prog with a few prog metal influences. 

There is a lot of intricate, interesting details on this album. An album with some really good melodic neo-prog.

This is indeed a good album and one I really enjoy. Some better songs is the only thing missing here. Check out this album and indeed.... this band.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment