Tuesday 1 January 2019

Overhead - Haydenspark (2018)


The fifth album from this band from Finland.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of flute, keyboards, bass, drums, percussion, synths, saxophone and vocals.

I was dealing a lot with this band ten years ago when I was involved in ProgArchives. I was also dead sure that I had reviewed at least their first two albums. A quick fact-check revealed that I have got their first album, but I have not reviewed it. I did interview them for ProgArchives, though.

The band's debut album is from 2002 and they are listed as a heavy prog band in ProgArchives. Something which is a good platform for this album.....

The band gives us almost an hour of modern crossover/heavy prog on this album.

The sound is very much 2018 and there are some synths generated strings on the ballads on this album.

And there is some hard songs too... This album reminds me about the heavy metal album formula from the 1980s with some heavy metal songs and at least one ballad thrown into the mix.

And to be frank, that is all I can really say about this album. There is some hard songs and some more ballads songs. The music is hardly prog rock at all. The musicians does a good job but that is about it.

There is no good songs here and this album is merely a decent album. I am not won over at all.

2 points





No comments:

Post a Comment