Wednesday 10 April 2019

Styx - Kilroy Was Here (1983)


The 11th album from this US band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of synths, guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and vocals.
They got help from some woodwinds on this album too.

I was in the middle of reviewing all/most of the Styx albums one year ago before I stopped. The albums bored the life of me and I could not continue.

But I have decided to review the final four Styx albums I have got now....

... Starting with Kilroy Was Here.

Styx employs three vocalists here and the dry, horrible 1980s sound.

The music is AOR and pop/rock. It is based on cheap hooks, melodies and riffs. Everything here sounds cheap, nasty and overly commercial. It is bubblegum AOR and rock/pop music.

Kilroy Was Here is simply a forty minutes long embarrassment.

This album is a turkey and has been included in my collection of turkeys. This is an utterly horrible album.

1 point

 

No comments:

Post a Comment