Sunday 21 April 2019

Incandescent Sky - Radiate (2001)


The debut album from this US band.

The band was a trio with a lineup of sax, synths, samples, chapmann stick, loops, bass, guitars and synth guitars.

I have heard nothing about  this band. I have got their first two albums though and decided to review them.

.... Something I regretted halfway through the first listening session. So I gave their second album some minutes to check out if this was a project I should pursue. I should indeed, I found out.

This album is seventy-four minutes long and it is really seventy-four minutes of loosely connected ideas which sometimes forms into melodies and pieces of music.

The music is very loose and feels more like outtakes than the finished product.

This is really, really hardcore spaced out avant-garde.

Some of this does work. A lot of it. But seventy-four minutes..... x some times to be able to review it.

The music is cinematic though and has some good ideas. So it is a decent album in my ears. I am not a big fan though and is hoping that the next album will be a lot better than this one.

2 points


No comments:

Post a Comment