Wednesday 21 April 2021

Crystalwood - Solaire (2014)

The one and only album from this US band.

The band is a duo with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, synths and vocals.

My reference bible ProgArchives gave this album a high rating.... but it has no reviews there. So I thought this crossover prog album may be something for me and this blog.

The album is also clocking in at well over one and a half hour. A digital download in other words.

Crossover prog can mean a lot. In this case, it is not good news at all.

We get over ninety minutes with a lot of soppy pop music from the 1960s... And I do not mean pop music as in The Beatles. I mean pop music from the time before The Beatles shook up that scene and made pop music a credible form of music. 

Take some soppy pop music from the 1970s and add some rock to the proceedings.

A large part of this album makes me cringe. Really cringe and make we want this album to go away.

This is another turkey in my collection of turkeys and well worth avoiding.  

1 points


 


No comments:

Post a Comment