Sunday 13 October 2019

Kornmo - Vandring (2019)


The debut album from this Norwegian trio.

The band is a trio with a lineup of keyboards, guitars, percussion, bass and drums.

Although this band is new, the musicians are veterans in the scene. They comes from bands like Morild and Adventure.

I am not sure if Kornmo is a one-album only project or has plans to release more albums. I hope they will stay around for a long time.

The music here is instrumental prog. It is not the most exciting genre in the world and I am trying to avoid the genre. But as they are Norwegians and with a background from Morild.........

The music is based on the 1970s symphonic prog scene. Camel springs to mind as the obvious comparison. But also add Juniphere Green into the mix too.

There is also a very obvious nod to Scandinavian folk rock on this album. The album has indeed a very Norwegian folk rock feel at times.

The cover art-work says a lot about this music, indeed.

It is well played and most of the music is good. I have my reservations as I am no fan of instrumental prog. But this album is one of the better ones I have heard in this genre from new bands. Check it out.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment