Saturday 29 December 2018

Coscienza Di Zeno. La - Una Vita Migliore (2018)


The fourth album from this Italian band.

The band is a sextet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, percussion and Italian vocals.
The band had help from a mini orchestra with all sorts of strings and woodwinds.

La Coscienza Di Zeno is a band I have followed for a while. For some reasons, I do not have their third album (but has bought it tonight) so I cannot comment on their development from their brilliant two first albums.

This album and the music comes as a bit of a surprise though......

I cannot fail to notice that a couple of the songs has a lot of Angelo Branduardi influences. Lots of them, in fact.

This album features pastoral RPI in it's entirety. Some of the most pastoral Italian progressive rock I have heard for a long time, in fact.

There is also a lot of classical music leanings on this album.

It is still a very typical RPI sounding album who would satisfy everyone into the RPI sound. I have my reservations against the quality of the songs here which is not up to their normal standards. This is nowhere near as brilliant as their first two albums, I am afraid.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment