Tuesday 21 April 2020

Zon - Back Down To Earth (1979)


The second album from this Canadian band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of synths, percussion, keyboards, guitars, drums, bass and vocals.

I was very far from being impressed by their 1978 debut album Astral Projector. A pretty grim third-rate Saga copy.

The cover art-work is..... ehh........ special. My expectations was not exactly raised when I set my eyes on this picture.

What we get here is AOR with a mix of Styx and Saga thrown into the AOR stew.

The vocals are OK. The lyrics is pretty horrendous and full of stupidities. Ditto for the guitar solos.

The music is pretty dire and not even close to be good AOR.

In short; this album is a turkey and I will bypass their third and final album.

1 point




No comments:

Post a Comment