Sunday 20 October 2019

City Boy - Heads Are Rolling (1980)


The sixth album from this British band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of guitars, drums, keyboards, percussion, bass and vocals.

This band from Birmingham started out as a reasonably proggy art rock band before they went for fame and money later on.

I spotted this album in the LP collection of a father of a childhood's friend forty years ago and the image stayed with me as a cool one. It is one of the reasons I started to review the albums of this band.

So here I am at this album I remember from my childhood.

The band went very commercial on this album although the album starts with some riffs and vocal lines that is taken straight out of a Thin Lizzy album.

The rest is a mix of uptempo tracks and ballads.

Pop-rock it is and it is not too bad. I have heard far worse. But prog rock, it is not and there is not much to enjoy here.

Hence the rating....

1.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment