Friday 9 November 2018

Crack The Sky - Living In Reverse (2018)


The 18th album from this US band.

The band is a sextet on this album with a lineup of organ, bass, piano, drums, guitars and vocals.

The band was at their best in the 1970s and has suffered an indifferent time after that.

This is my first meeting with this band and probably my only meeting with them too. So I have to judge this album on it's merits alone.

The music on this fifty minutes long album is a mix of retro rock, americana, a bit Pink Floyd and a lot of normal college rock.

I cannot free myself from the feeling that I have heard most of this music before. But I have not heard this album and these songs before.

The music is not that original in other words.

Neither is it that exciting and I lose interest after some listening sessions.

There are some good songs here. But most of this album is pretty decent and average. In short, I am not won over.

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment