Saturday 28 July 2018

Fritsch. Eloy - Space Music (1998)


The third album from this Brazilian artist.

Eloy Fritsch plays keyboards and synths here. Which is all the instruments there are, including with samples of drums and bass.

This artist is also a member of the symph prog band Apocalypse from Brazil where he also plays keyboards. A busy man in other words.

I reviewed his second album Behind The Walls Of Imagination (1997) some weeks ago and you can read my review here. More reviews of his albums is also coming up.

I am not a big fan of instrumental keyboards and synth music. Or in this case; instrumental synths and keyboards symphonic prog. I find it too one-dimensional even for my liking.

And so that also goes for this album. It is a pretty one-dimensional album with keyboards and synth doing everything. It has this plastic feeling I am not really enjoying.

Space Music is though a pretty interesting album with several mood changes and a lot of space rock influences. The music and the space rock is very pretty and tame. But there is still some space rock here. That in addition to the symphonic prog.

This is not a bad album at all. It is a decent to good album which has something going for it. I am still not converted, though.....

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment