Tuesday 18 February 2020

Leb I Sol - Leb I Sol (1978)


The debut album from this band from Macedonia.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of bass, drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals in their local language.

Their country was Yugoslavia when the band recorded their first albums. After they reformed in 2006, they were a band from Macedonia. But the band was formed in Skopje, Macedonia in the 1970s.

I don't know much about the music scene in Macedonia and the country in general. I have heard it is a place everyone should visit on a holiday. Maybe, maybe....

Leb I Sol has released eleven albums. I got a handful of their albums and will review them this winter.

The band played a mix of fusion and some ethnic pop/rock music. Their guitarist Vlatko Stefanovski is regarded as a guitar hero. He get plenty of space on this album..... and he is indeed a superb guitarist who really deliver the goods on this album.

There are also some organ and vocals driven pop/rock here and those songs are really very good.

It is really a treat and a joy to discover obscure bands from the past who really deserve a lot more attention. This album is a very good album and I am pretty taken aback as I have never heard about this band and album before. I have now !!

3.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment