Tuesday 4 December 2018

Distorted Harmony - A Way Out (2018)






The third album from this band from Israel.

The band is a sextet on this album with a lineup of bass, drums, programming, keyboards, guitars and vocals.

I like their previous two albums and you can read my reviews of them in this blog and in # 1 of this blog.

The band is a progressive metal band. A genre I am not particular fond off. I tend to ignore and not review albums in this genre. I am a bit fed up with everything from the metal genre. But I like some old style death metal now and then.... a couple of times/minutes every year.

But this band is somewhat different again.

OK, there is a large amount of djent on this album. Chugging, disharmonic guitars and some death metal growls.

There are also some more standard progressive metal here and some rather melodic progressive rock.

This makes these fifty minutes a good album. I am not overly fan. But there is a lot of things to be happy about here. In particular the contrasts, the light and the darkness. This is therefore a good album and one I enjoy.

3 points






No comments:

Post a Comment