Sunday 25 November 2018

Nemo - Si, Partie II (2007)


The fifth album from this French band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and French vocals.
A female vocalist also helped out the band on this album.

I really love French symphonic prog. Bands like Mona Lisa and Ange is big in my musical world. So us Magnesis too. Not to mention the zeuhl genre and Magma.
So French prog is very popular in my home.

Nemo too is getting a pretty big star in my home after I have reviewed their first albums.

Si, Partie I was a very good album indeed. It has some of the better things from the French symphonic prog scene together with some prog metal. It also has some very good songs.

Si, Partie II is trying to follow up that album.

There is still some symphonic prog here. But a lot of that has been replaced by the latter days Pink Floyd while the prog metal influences are still here.

The songs are not as very good as on Part I either. This one hour long album has a lot of good songs and the quality is good. But something is missing.... Better songs, for a start.

The music is also really big and this album has a big sound. Sometimes, that drowns out the really interesting music here.

Nevertheless, this is another good album from this band and well worth checking out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment