Saturday 6 March 2021

Autumn Electric - Make Me A Tree (2012)

The third album from this US band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, flute and vocals. Both male and female vocals.

I have not heard their first two albums so I am entering their story on the third album. I will also review their two follow up albums later this spring.

This is a new name to me but I have always got their albums when they have released them as the collector I am. Sad.........

There are some Rush influences in their music and a lot more college rock. There is also some neo-prog here and a lot more folk rock.

Acid folk rock ? Yes, I think the band can live with that label.

There is a lot of vocal harmonies here and the music is rather lush. It is also pretty pastoral.

The end result is an hour of decent to good music. The quality is simply not there and the songs are not good enough.

Nevertheless, check out this band and album from their Bandcamp site. 

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment