Thursday 26 July 2018

Shadow Theory. The - Behind the Black Veil (2010)


The one and only album from this multi-national project.

The band were a quintet with a lineup of bass, flute, drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

This project had members from Pain Of Salvation, Threshold and Dead Soul Tribe and Psychotic Waltz.

This was a progressive metal super project which combined the best from these bands. And there is indeed a lot of Threshold influences here. I am not that familiar with those other bands, though.

The music is really hard with some death metal grunts too in this music. There is also some power metal here and a lot of German power metal.

This album is almost one hour long and I have been told it is a gem for prog metal fans. I am not a fan of this genre and it is rare that I review prog metal albums.

I do not find most of this album that interesting and it is full of the usual power and prog metal cliches. Hence, I am not that impressed.

This is a decent album and that is it.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment