Wednesday 28 July 2021

Dead Letter Circus - This Is The Warning (2010)

The debut album from this Australian band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, programming and vocals.

I have recently got three of their albums and will review these albums this summer.

... Starting with this album.

The first that hit me is a wall of sound. On the top of that wall, we get some really powerful and melodic female vocals.

There is some post-rock in their music. The main part of the music is a mix of hard prog and neo-prog. Both Marillion and Porcupine Tree has been pretty influential on this band and their music.

The sound is both big and bold.

The quality of the music is a mix of good and decent. 

I like this album and is looking forward to reviewing the two remaining albums of them I have got. I may even get the two albums I am missing.

This band sounds like they know what they are doing.

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment