Tuesday 9 June 2020

Pure Reason Revolution - Eupnea (2020)


The fourth album from this English band.

The band was a duo on this album with a lineup of keyboards, guitars, bass and vocals.
A guest musician did the drums.

I have no idea and no excuse for why not getting their first three albums. The band split up in 2011 and I got the impression they were doing poppy commercial neo-prog. It is not a genre I was fond of back in those days.

Their third album was released back in 2010 too. But still, no excuse.

The music is indeed neo-prog. But not as poppy and commercial as I thought it would be.

The music is indeed melodic. It also has a lot of symphonic prog elements and is pretty symphonic, indeed. There are also some heavy guitars and some good female vocals here.

There is a lot of quality here and this album is a bit of revelation for me. I must get their first three albums.....

This is a good album indeed and I hope their comeback means more albums. This is a talented band with a very good sound.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment