Wednesday 16 October 2019

Hemina - Night Echoes (2019)


The fourth album from this Australian band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of keyboards, drums, percussion, bass, guitars and vocals.
The band had help from numerous other musicians who provided ocarina, xylophone, slide guitars and vocals.

I have known this band since their debut album, long time ago. I also know that the band is a progressive metal band. A genre I tend to avoid like I tend to avoid getting bitten by cats.

In short, I have reviewed their debut album (see here) and avoided their second and third album.

I got Night Echoes sent to me so as a decent person, I should review it.

Yes, the music is still progressive metal and pretty brutal at times too. Djent springs to mind.

The sound is big but it is also symphonic and bold. There is a lot of good details here.

There is no outstanding tracks here and this album does not change my mind about progressive metal. This is still a good album with good vocals, bold songs and some good songs too. This band is well worth checking out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment