Monday 2 September 2019

Jolly - Family (2019)


The fourth album from this US band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of bass, drums, keyboards, guitars and vocals.

I believed I had reviewed their previous albums. But I have not. I have reviewed their second album for ProgArchives and the review can be found here.

I have always rated this band though..... Pretty highly too. It is one of the bands I keep an eye on.

Their music is a mix of Porcupine Tree, djent and neo-prog.

The music is pretty hard but also majestic and epic. There is some symphonic prog in their music and sound.

The vocals are really good and so goes for the other musicians. The album is almost eighty minutes long and follows in the US tradition "big is best". This album is most certainly big.

This is a good album, although not a great album. There is a lot to like on this album. There is not much to dislike on this album.

This is a good album and check it out.

3 points




No comments:

Post a Comment