Thursday 26 July 2018

Popol Vuh - In Den Gärten Pharaos (1971)


The second album from this German band.

Popol Vuh was a quartet with a lineup of cymbals, percussion, moog, fender rhodes and medieval organ.

I reviewed their 1970 debut album Affenstunde many years ago and hated that album. I was not a fan of electronic music and I am still not a big fan of this type of music. This type of krautrock, that is.

I have though decided to give this band a second chance by reviewing the remaining Popol Vuh albums I own.

The band is still a electronica band on this album. An album with two instrumental electronic pieces.

And the music is not bad at all. I find myself quite enjoying both pieces of music. There are actually some good going here with old organs and moog.

The music is not overly interesting. But the band is onto something and I may have to check out this genre some more. A genre I am now avoiding at all cost.

This is in my estimation not a good album. But it is still somewhere between decent and good. Check it out.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment