Tuesday 5 November 2019

Lloyd - Black Haze (2019)


The debut album from this French band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of electronics, bass, guitars, drums, percussion and vocals.

I have never heard about this band before. Their music is available on Spotify and on CD.

I was told this is a progressive rock album. Well...... that is not quite what showed up here.

Art rock is the most progressive I can call them. There is a huge chunk of commercial rock here with some pretty strong blues influences.

There is also a lot of metal here. Not progressive metal, but heavy metal.

The vocals are OK and the songs are guitars and keyboards based. They are pretty short too.

The music is decent enough with a couple of good songs and some facepalm inducing songs too.

This is a debut album and I get that. But they really have to take a big step forward if they want me to follow them.

This is a decent album and only that.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment