Thursday 18 March 2021

Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit (2001)

The sixth album from this English band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, programming, keyboards and vocals.

Three extra voices added their vocals too.

I really liked the two previous albums Alternative 4 and Judgement. Two good post-metal with neo-prog influences.

I was therefore looking forward to give this album a listen or ten. 

I was met by an album whose music is somewhere between Pink Floyd, Radiohead and college rock.

The music is still pretty post-rock like too.

The music is also pretty dull and does not have many positivities. There are a couple of good songs here inbetween some rather dull songs.

The quality is somewhere between decent and good. I am not impressed at all and I hope the next album I will review of them are better than this one.

2.5 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment