Monday 26 November 2018

Distorted Harmony - Chain Reaction (2014)


The second album from this band from Israel.

The band is a quintet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and vocals.

I was a big fan of their 2012 debut album Utopia. I gave it almost full score... See my review here.

Six years has gone and I am finally reviewing their last two albums. About time, I would say.

The band still plays progressive metal with Dream Theater as the basis for their music. Add in some Opeth, Porcupine Tree and Tool too.

In short, progressive metal with some djent and some melodic prog mixed into their sound and music.

I am not that big on metal any longer. That too goes for progressive metal. The readers of this blog will find very few progressive metal reviews here.

Chain Reaction is a fifty minutes long album with dominantly good music. There are some really interesting details here. I am not that enthusiastic about the music and that tells me that this is merely a good album which is ticking on nicely.

Fans of progressive metal should check out this good album.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment