Sunday 11 April 2021

Mekong Delta - Kaleidoscope (1992)

The fifth album from this German band.

The band was a quartet on this album with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

I started on the review of their discography back in 2010 for ProgArchives before my last review, of their fourth album Dances Of Death, was posted in July 2011. 

It was always my intention to complete the review of all their albums and that is my plan for the next months. 

I am by no means a fan of thrash metal. I liked it in my youth. But that was before death metal arrived and I have always preferred death and doom metal to thrash metal.

Mekong Delta is a left-field progressive thrash metal band though. And by that, I do not mean their inclusion of Genesis Dance On A Volcano. A version Mekong Delta does OK.

Mekong Delta's thrash metal is at times pretty weird and quirky. It is speed with a lot of good details.

Kaleidoscope offers up some quirky thrash metal, a version of Sabres Dance and the Genesis cover.

This is not a bad album at all. I quite like it and I rate it somewhere between decent and good.

Check it out.

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment