Tuesday 16 June 2020

Yes - Tormato (1978)


The ninth album from this British band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of harpsichord, piano, organ, synths, mandolins, guitars, bass, drums, glockenspiel, bells, percussion and vocals.

I started to do the reviews of the full Yes discography ten years ago for ProgArchives and then # 1 of this blog in 2013-14. Then I stopped because everyone was reviewing Yes albums and I wanted to spend my time on the more unknown bands in the scene than the big bands.

I have now decided to complete both the Yes and the unfinished King Crimson discography reviews. So here the reviews comes.....

Tormato is an album that followed on from the great Going For The One album from 1977. That album is one of their alltime great albums.

Tormato still sees the same setup, the classic setup. And it is the final album with that setup.

The reason can be found on this album.

Jon Anderson sings very good and no musicians can be faulted here. The sound too is very good.

There are half a handful very good songs here, some good songs and half a handful of decent songs.
The quality of the songs are to say at least uneven and it finds me cringing far too many times.
Then again, there are some really very good stuff here too.

This is a good album but not an album which I want to remember this band for.

3 points






No comments:

Post a Comment