Tuesday 7 April 2020

German Oak - Nibelungenlied (1976)


The second and final album from this German band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of windchimes, bass, drums, tape loops, percussion and guitars.

I reviewed their 1972 self-titled debut album back in February 2012 and really liked that album.

Nibelungenlied is a collection of archive material from 192-76, I discovered too late. I normally never review archives albums. But I will let this one pass.....

The music is pretty primitive and dark krautrock with a pretty dark sound. Bad sound, I would say.

Some of the songs are pretty well structured. Nevertheless, they sounds half-baked and half-finished.

.... Just like abandoned archive material.

There is a couple of decent ideas and songs here. Instrumentals, but nevertheless.

This is an album best ignored unless you are a die-hard krautrock collector. Evidently, I am......

Avoid.

1.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment