Sunday 10 January 2021

Arco Iris - Arco Iris (1970)

The debut album from Argentina.

The band was a trio with a lineup of maracas, timpale, bass, cello, guitars, flute, saxophone, claves, citarina, piano, organ, guiro and Spanish vocals.

The band also had help from some female vocals.

I got their albums and I will be reviewing them this year. 

....Starting with this one. I am here reviewing the original 1970 album and not the 2004 version.

The band is a fusion band and that kind of shines through too at this album. 

Most of the album is a mix of psych rock, progressive rock and folk rock. Yes, there is some fusion here too but not that much.

The album is forty minutes long and the sound is not that good. It has a very lush, pastoral sound with some good vocals too.

The music is not bad at all and this band sounds like a band I should get interested in. This debut album has made me curious about them.

Check out this album.

2.5 points 

No comments:

Post a Comment