Thursday 14 May 2020

Caligula's Horse - In Contact (2017)


The fourth album from this Australian band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums and vocals.
The band had help from a sax player.

I have barely heard about this band before. They have just released a new album (in 2020) which I have yet to get.

The reason for my ignorance about this band is that they do progressive metal. A genre I do not find particular interesting. I try to avoid reviewing albums in this genre.

I have been told that Caligula's Horse is not a standard progressive metal band. They are leaning towards neo-prog too. Hence, I decided to give them a chance.

And yes, there is a lot more to this one hour long album than just progressive metal. Yes, some of the music is hard and you can even find djent here.

Then again, there are a lot of neo-prog and pomp rock here too. References to the good old A-Ha pops up here too. Pomp pop indeed.

This album is indeed a mixed bag and the more pastoral parts here is really good to very good. There are some not so good parts here too.

Nevertheless, this is a good album and well worth checking out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment