Tuesday 9 October 2018

Backspace - Human Nature Architecture (2018)


The debut or so album from this band from China.

I know next to nothing about this band. I have therefore contacted their label and asked them for more information about them. I will add this information to this paragraph when I get it.....

I can now confirm that this is their debut album and that the band is a quartet with a lineup of bass, drums, guitars and vocals. Thank you to Nevin from Maybe Mars for the quick reply.

There is a big scene in China now for alternative, punk and space rock. Something this Bandcamp page proves. 

Backspace gives us a solid mix of space rock, krautrock and post rock.

It has to be said; mostly space rock though with lots of dirty and hard space rock filling up this forty-five minutes long album.

There is a lot of restless and manic music on this album. There is a lot of youthful post rock too.

The sound is really young and full of life. There is also some light and darkness here. But not as much as I would expect from a post rock album. And this is not a post rock album.

The band sometimes goes on the full attack with guitar walls. They sometimes become a bit pastoral. I guess the vocals are Chinese too and the vocals are a bit sporadic.

I really find this album enjoyable. I find a lot of quality here too. If this is a new band, this is a band who deserve an audience also here in the West. This good album deserves to be heard. Check it out.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment