Tuesday 8 October 2019

Blood, Sweat & Tears - No Sweat (1973)


The sixth album from this US band.

The band was an eight piece big band on this album with a lineup of bass, drums, guitars, organ, synths, woodwinds and vocals.
They had help from numerous other musicians on woodwinds and backing vocals.

I forgot that I had this album in my review spree of their albums so this review is a bit behind the schedule.

The band were a major band for a few years before their albums went downhill, both in album sales and in artistic quality.

I am no fan of brassrock so I have my reservations against their music. Nevertheless, this was a good band and I really respect this band.

No Sweat sees the band adopt commercial rock. Add in the normal brass too and you get a bit of a jazzy feeling. Lounge jazz, that is.

This is in fact not a bad album at all. It pander a lot to what the mainstream US record buyer wanted at that time and it makes no bones about that. The brass adds lots of sound to the album too. The vocals are rather good.

The result is a decent album which should not be ignored. But go for their first three albums instead.

I really respect this band and their music.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment