Wednesday 14 November 2018

Ovrfwrd - Blurring The Lines ... A Democracy Manifest (2018)


The third album from this US band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of keyboards, bass, guitars and drums.

I have heard about this band before but it took me some years to get one of their albums. Yes, I am a bit slow to react.....

Their music is a mix of fusion and progressive metal. Instrumental too....

In short, I am in theory completely failing to develop any pulse over this. I find that genre pretty dull.

And it has taken me some time to really pull myself together and write a review of this album. It is something I am now doing.

The album is one hour long and contains some really varied stuff. From some Indian sitars (keyboards generated, I guess) to some more symphonic prog, prog metal, fusion and jazz too.

There is some guitar solos and some more complex guitar pieces here. 

The music is not particular exciting but it still works well. There are some really good stuff here. Even some very good stuff here.

The overall quality is good throughout although I have to admit I am not totally falling for this album. But check it out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment