Friday 20 March 2020

Led Zeppelin - Presence (1976)

The seventh album from this British band.

The band was a quartet with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham. Their gave us bass, drums, percussion, guitars and vocals.

Led Zeppelin.... we are talking about the best rock band in the history of mankind. My favourite band is Rush. Nevertheless, Led Zeppelin's first five albums cements them as the best ever rock album. Add Physical Graffiti too to that list. I do not rate The Rolling Stones as highly as I rate Led Zeppelin. The Beatles was the best ever pop band our planet has ever seen.

Led Zeppelin and The Beatles in their own level above all other bands in my honest opinion. 

.... And that was my personal confession....

I have not really had much time for Led Zeppelin's final two albums. In the case of Presence, that is a shame and I have underestimated this album.

Jimmy Page is still at it with his guitars and John Paul Jones does the bass brilliantly. John Bonham proves that he is one of the best drummers of all time. And Robert Plant... Truly brilliant on vocals.

This album was written and recorded in very difficult times for this band. It was not their full focus and that is obvious.

This album has two great songs in Achilles Last Stand and Nobody's Fault But Mine. The rest of the songs are decent to good.

This is still an album I will return to as it is not as bad as I thought it would be. It is a good album indeed.

3 points

 



No comments:

Post a Comment