Sunday 31 January 2021

Arco Iris - Tiempo De Resurrección (1972)

The second album from this band from Argentina.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, saxophones and vocals.

The band returned again after their pretty good self titled debut album from 1970. An album I reviewed earlier this month and an album I pretty much liked.

Two years has gone and not much has happened here in the term of changes.

The music is a mix of Latin pop, fusion and folk. The music is indeed progressive rock with a lot of timeshifts and themes changes.

The music is indeed pretty complex. 

The sound is good and the band sounds very focused this time around. 

The music has this old Latin-America symphonic prog vibe and sound.

The vocals is really good and the guitar changes between acoustic and electric. The saxophones are pretty dominant too and takes the place normally reserved for keyboards.

I get the feeling that this band is a bit of gem when I am listening to their first two albums. I think me and the rest of their albums will get on well.

I rate this as a good album and one well worth checking out. 

3 points

 


No comments:

Post a Comment