Wednesday 24 April 2019

Spirit - Clear (1969)


The third album from this US band.

Spirit was a quintet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, keyboards, drums and vocals.

The band is one of the true cult group from the 1960s with not many fans, but who still inspired a lot of musicians to create music who got themselves a lot of fans.

It is a musicians band.

Their first album was very good and got me interested in them. Their second band was not so great. So I was looking forward to sink my teeth into Clear.

Spirit delivers eclectic, quirky beat, pop and rock on this album. That is the essence of this forty-two minutes long album.

The songs are pretty short, but still full of some really cool beat and pop. There are also some more instrumental parts here where the guitars and keyboards really comes to the fore and delivers some very good stuff.

Clear is a charming album which packs a big punch. And it removes any doubts I have ever had about the importance and quality of this band. Wow, I am glad I have heard about them and have their first five albums.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment