Saturday 9 May 2020

Red Bazar - Differential Being (2010)


The second album from this British band.

The band was a trio of keyboards, guitars, bass and drums.

This is the first album I have ever heard from this band. The label "neo-prog" tempted me and I decided to get their three last albums. All three will be reviewed this month..... starting with this one.

I have not had the chance to listen to their debut album. I have heard it is an instrumental album.

Different Being is also an instrumental album.

.... mostly an instrumental album, that is. There is one song here.

The music is somewhere between hard prog (Rush) and neo-prog. The music is pretty hard. The instrumentals, that is. The song is pretty pastoral at times with some pretty bad vocals.

But the song breaks up what is fifty minutes of pretty tedious instrumentals which does not offer that much interesting music.

This is a decent enough album. I hope the two remaining albums is better than this album, though.

2 points


No comments:

Post a Comment