Tuesday 14 August 2018

Azigza - Kriya (2004)


The second and final album from this US band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of cello, violins, sitar, bass, guitars and various Middle - Eastern and Tibetan strings, drums, percussion and woodwinds.
The band also had help from a handful xtra musicians who provided bansuri, congas, tablas and vocals.

I am not sure how this album compares with their 2000 self-titled debut album.

As you can see from their list of instruments, we are now going down the route of Middle - Eastern music combined with some tribal music from Tibet....
Well, that is somewhat right.

There is plenty of jazz here too. The jazz is the basis here for their excursions into Middle - Eastern folk music. Music with some vocals too. Female vocals.

The music is wild and pretty eclectic. It one heck of a difference from what I am used to review in this blog. Something I really appreciate and value.

I feel that I am an intruder in a wedding in Jordan when I listen to this album. It has that feel and joy. It is also a decent to good album which is well worth checking out.

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment