Tuesday 9 February 2021

Shob - Karma Obscur (2018)

The second album from this French one man band.

Shob is the bassist here and he has got support from woodwinds, drums, guitars, keyboards and some vocals.

I have not had the pleasure of listen to their 2015 debut album Pragmatism. I guess I should get this album.

Karma Obscur is one hour full of jazz and fusion.

There is some avant-garde and funk on this album. 

Most of the album is a mix of classic jazz and fusion. 

The woodwinds and the bass, Shob's bass, is the main instruments here and most of this album reminds me about Passport.

There is a lot of interesting details on this album and I fail to understand why this album and band has not got more attention than they already got. Fusion and indeed prog rock fans will really like this album.

There is no really great tracks here. But the album is still a good album and well worth checking out.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment