Thursday 8 July 2021

Needlepoint - Aimless Mary (2015)

The third album from this Norwegian band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of percussion, drums, bass, guitars, clavinet, keyboards, synths and vocals.

This band is a new one to me. They released their new and fifth album earlier this year and I got that one and the two preceding albums. Reviews of the two other albums to follow later this summer.

This band should have been on my radar much earlier than this year. And I am a bit miffed about that.

The music is pretty much in the vein of Caravan with a lot of Canterbury prog influences. It is Canterbury prog by all means.

That means quirky melodies with a lot of pop sensibilities, 1970s symphonic progressive rock and laid back jazz. 

The songs are really good here and the vocals too is good. The music is quirky and there are a couple of almost great songs here. The title track is a great song.

This album has grown a lot on me and I would rate it as a very good album indeed. Check it out.

3.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment