Monday 28 December 2020

Gungfly - Alone Together (2020)


The fifth album from this Swedish project.

Gungfly is Richard Sjoblom from Beardfish on guitars, keyboards and vocals.

He had help from Petter and Rasmus Diamant on drums and bass.

This project has been around for a while but this is my first meeting with Gungfly. I will also give Beardfish my full attention later this winter.

This is a one man project and it has this singer - songwriter stamp all over it. 

It is by no means a simple sounding album. The music is indeed neo-prog with some Swedish folk rock and symphonic prog influences. There is also some hard rock influences here.

The sound is very much a Swedish fresh folk rock sound with some good guitar solos and sounds.

The vocals are very good and that makes me look forward to reviewing the Beardfish albums.

I am surprised by this album and it's good quality. Me thinks I should get some more Gungfly albums and give them a go too.

Check out this album.

3 points



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment