Friday 19 April 2019

Arc Light Sessions. The - Perchance to Dream (2015)


The debut album from this Canadian band.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of mellotron, flute, bass, guitars, drums, synths, piano and vocals.

The band released two fully blooded studio album and one remasters album of songs from these two albums.

Talking about mastering..... that is a major flaw on this album. So I can understand their third and final album where they were setting the record straight.

But back to 2015 and Perchance To Dream. The music is somewhere between symphonic prog and neo-prog. There are also some folk and a lot of pop-rock here too.

The sound is pretty poor. The mastering is perhaps the reason for this.

The songs are not too bad. But they are pretty light and short on substance. There is some strong Genesis influences here and some lighter pop and rock music.

The flutes and the mellotron is very cool. Ditto for the vocals.

There are some jarring moments on this album which I cannot ignore.

That is why this is  only a decent album in my ears and my view. I think I will drop my interest in their second album.

2 points

 

No comments:

Post a Comment