Monday 8 March 2021

Wobbler - Dwellers of the Deep (2020)

The fifth album from this Norwegian band.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

A review of this album is well over due. I tried to review it last year and earlier this year without really manage to find the words and my opinions about it. 

Wobbler is a band I very much value and rate as one of three best Norwegian bands. I have given their previous four albums some good reviews.

Dwellers Of The Deep has topped most reviewers and prog listeners "best of 2020" lists. I can fully understand that.

This album got four songs and clocks in at around forty-five minutes. Each of them are complex symphonic prog in the Yes vein.

There is indeed a lot of love if you are a Yes and symphonic prog fan.

The music is very complex and also got some really great to superb melody lines.

It is an album that is pretty close to being a masterpiece. Most people will hail this as a masterpiece. I am not but it runs that status close.

This is one heck of an album.

4.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment